PanIIT USA May 2021 Newsletter released with focus on Covid Relief for India
Information provided by PanIIT USA (May 12, 2021)
India is going through the worst phase of the COVID crisis. 23 Million people have been infected till date and the death toll has increased as well. All the frontline workers are working day in and day out to save lives. There is a severe shortage of resources including but not limited to oxygen cylinders, concentrators, oxygen generators, medicines, vaccines etc.
The IIT Alumni across the globe have come forward to help with everything in their capacity.
1. Oxygen concentrators have been sent to India.
2. Oxygen generators been setup at required places in India.
3. Various helplines have been set up to help with plasma donors, hospital beds and other resources.
4. Various mental wellness helplines have been set up to help people stay mentally strong.
We are happy to inform you that as a part of alumni service and in response to the urgent and dire COVID situation in India, PanIIT USA is providing funds - $100,000.00 for providing Oxygen concentrators as per the direct request from the Indian consulates/ Embassy.
APPEAL FOR HELP
1. We thank each and every one of you for your personal efforts in doing your part for this dire situation. Please do not hesitate to write to us with ideas and/or other areas where PanIIT USA could be of help. Contact us at email@example.com if you know of any technology to generate oxygen which can be put to production almost immediately.
2. We are partnering and working closely with the WHEELS GLOBAL FOUNDATION (WGF) - a 501C(3) entity established by PanIIT Alumni in 2013 to give back and advance charitable activities in areas of Water, Healthcare, Energy, Education, Livelihood and Sustainability. Please make a tax deductible donation by going to the following link https://www.wheelsglobal.org/covid_donate. WGF will issue a receipt for your donation.
**We know you love our interview series with prominent IIT Alumni. We will be back with it next month.